New Employee Orientation
For staff members outside the Pittsburgh region
Welcome to UPMC
and congratulations on beginning your journey with one of America’s top-ranked health care organizations. With over 50,000 employees, UPMC is western Pennsylvania’s largest employer. Together we are working to transform our region into one based on medicine, research, and technology.
At UPMC excellence is more than a goal — it’s who we are. Our employees are our greatest asset and we are proud you’ve joined the team. We are taking medicine to where it needs to be, working across disciplines, offering solutions.
This email introduces you to UPMC and steers you through the orientation and on-boarding process. As a valuable member of our team, we want you to have the information and resources you need to get off to a great start. At UPMC we are proud that every employee has something to give, and continually works to give their best.
Our interactive webinar program (one and a half hours in duration) will help ease your transition. Additional online training will provide you with all the necessary tools for a successful career at UPMC.
You'll learn about:
Log-on information for the webinar will be e-mailed to you one week prior to your scheduled session.
- UPMC structure and our vision for the future
- key policies and procedures
- importance of keeping patient information secure
- core safety regulations
- ethical expectations
- benefits of working for UPMC
Before You Start: New Employee Forms
Please print the forms below and complete on or before your first day of employment:
Within 10 Days of Hire
is a self-service website accessed through Infonet
. This secure, protected site is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and can be accessed from home or work computers with Internet capability.
As a first-time user you must select the link “First time users click here
.” It will ask you to enter your Employee ID number. You will receive your employee ID number from your Human Resources representative or manager
. Once you have received your ID number and established your password, you can log onto My HUB
and do the following:
Within One Week of Your Welcome to UPMC Orientation
- Select and review bank account information for direct deposit.
- Select and view federal tax withholding (W-4).
- Enter local wage tax withholdings if applicable.
Please print the forms below (if applicable) that were discussed during your Welcome to UPMC orientation session:
UPMC, the Department of Health, The Joint Commission, and other governing bodies require that UPMC staff take mandatory training as a new staff member. This training is required to provide staff awareness of all current policies and procedures to ensure a safe environment. This training must be completed within one week of your Welcome to UPMC Orientation Session.
- Log into your My HUB account.
- Click on the Human Resources tab at the top of the My HUB homepage.
- Click on the uLearn Information link on the right side of the page.
- Click on All Learning.
- Click on the Launch button next to your business units annual mandatories.
- On the Table of Contents page, click the Launch link to access the module.
- Repeat these steps for each module that needs to be completed.
Retirement – View Webinar
Learn more about UPMC's retirement plans.
Health and Welfare – View Webinar
Learn more about UPMC's health and welfare benefit plans and options.
© 2011 UPMC | UPMC.com | MyHUB | Infonet | Unsubscribe